• 3 large globe artichokes
• 3 tsp lemon juice
• Salt and black pepper
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 6 garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp capers
• Crumbled feta cheese to taste
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp honey
• Salt and Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. First, clean the artichokes. Cut off the stem/stalk and peel off the tough outer layers by hand. When you reach the softer layers, use a serrated knife to cut off about 3/4 inches from the top. Next, cut artichoke in 1/2 length-wise. Using a sharp pairing knife, remove all the “hairs” on the inside.
3. As you clean the inside of each artichoke half, immediately and add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to cover the surface. This will prevent the artichoke from discoloring.
4. On a baking sheet, place each artichoke 1/2 in a piece of lightly-oiled foil paper that is large enough to fold around.
5. Season artichokes with salt and pepper, and place 1 garlic clove in the center of each artichoke half. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Close the foil around artichokes.
6. Roast in the 400 F heated-oven for forty minutes.
7. Carefully open the foil pouches using tongs. Remove the roasted garlic from the center of artichoke, then close the foils until ready to serve. Let garlic cool.
8. In a food processor, add the roasted garlic with the remaining vinaigrette ingredients. Pulse until smooth.