- Heavy cream 10 oz
- Whole milk 1/2 cup
- Dijon mustard 1 tsp
- Dried chili flakes a pinch
- Garlic 1 clove, crushed
- Sage a small handful of leaves, chopped
- Butternut squash (about 2 lbs), peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Add in all the ingredients other than the squash in a small pan.
- Season generously and bring to just below boiling point.
- Arrange slices of squash in a shallow ovenproof dish and then add in infused cream.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes (make sure to occasionally press down squash with a spatula as baking) or until the squash is tender and the top has started to golden and bubble.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.