1. SNACK ON ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
They’re a classic snack for the season. Pumpkin seeds are a delicious way to get a healthy dose of zinc, magnesium, iron and fiber.
1. Clean the seeds Using a strainer, rinse the seeds until clean from pumpkin remnants. You may have to use your hands to pluck the pieces apart.
2. Boil for 10 minutes Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil, then reduce to low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Drain & Bake Using a strainer, drain the seeds from the pot. With a baking sheet, spread seeds so they don’t overlap. Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt.
4. Roast at 325F for 10 minutes Remove from oven and stir seeds. Bake for 8-10 more minutes, or until shells become slightly golden.
5. Snack! Remove from oven and sprinkle some more sea salt, to taste. Enjoy!
2. TURN A PUMPKIN INTO A PLANTER
Halloween may be over, but the fall
season isn’t over yet! Pumpkins make a great addition to your home decor for the Thanksgiving holiday. Pick out a small potted plant from 3 Guys, carve out the core, and place your plant in the pumpkin to last for several weeks!
3. USE PUMPKINS AS SERVING BOWLS