CREAMY SQUASH AND SAGE GRATIN
• Heavy cream 10 oz
• Whole milk 1/2 cup
• Dijon mustard 1 tsp
• Dried chili flakes a pinch
• Garlic 1 clove, crushed
• Sage a small handful of leaves, chopped
• Butternut squash (about 2 lbs), peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
1. Heat the oven to 375 F.
2. Add in all the ingredients other than the squash in a small pan.
3. Season generously and bring to just below boiling point.
4. Arrange slices of squash in a shallow ovenproof dish and then add in infused cream.
5. Bake for about 30-40 minutes (make sure to occasionally press down squash with a spatula as baking) or until the squash is tender and the top has started to golden and bubble.
6. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.