GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MISO AIOLI
• 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon white miso (soybean paste)
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Cooking spray
• 2 small eggplants (about 12 oz. each), cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Add in mayo, miso, 1 tablespoon water, vinegar, and pepper in a bowl and whisk.
2. Use medium-high heat to heat a grill pan. Coat the pan with a layer of cooking spray. Dust both sides of eggplant slices with 1 tablespoon of the mayo mixture. Add the eggplant slices to pan and then grill each side for 2 to 3 minutes (until grill marks are visible).
3. Place eggplant slices on a platter and lightly cover with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Drizzle evenly with chopped cilantro.