FOR THE DRESSING:
• 2 scallions, minced (white and light green parts only)
• 1 large ripe avocado, flesh only
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 to 4 tablespoons of water
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
• 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• Kosher salt to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
• 1 cup dry quinoa
• 3 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, chard)
• 1 cup cooked edamame
• 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
• 4 radishes, thinly sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Create the dressing by adding all ingredients into a food processor and processing until smooth. If necessary, add water or oil to thin.
2. First rinse the quinoa in a strainer under cool running water. Next, add it into a saucepan with two cups of water. Bring that to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook until quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid (around 12 to 15 minutes).
3. With the quinoa is still warm, toss with mixed greens until leaves wilt down a bit. Stir remaining ingredients: edamame, walnuts, radishes, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Drizzle in your homemade dressing. Serve warm and enjoy!